The Disability Reference Group aims to:
- give advice to Council on issues relating to disability, access, communication, participation and advocacy
- identify issues affecting people with a disability and to advocate and promote an awareness and understanding of these within Council and the community, and
- oversee and help to develop, monitor and implement the Merri-bek Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-20.
The Disability Reference Group gives Council a forum to discuss and address issues about disability and to guide the implementation and monitoring of the Moreland Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-20.
- Cr Sue Bolton
- (Maughan) Bram Heinrich-McPartlan
- Briar Harte
- Elizabeth Bennett
- Emily Unity
- Houda Khaled
- Jeremy Blair
- Nicholas Waters
- Therese Lyn Wesselink
- Vivienne Jackson
- Up to 10 community representatives with lived experience in disability
- Merri-bek City Council Disability Planner
Meetings are held 6 times a year, usually Wednesdays, 12.00 pm - 2.00 pm. The venue is usually at Merri-bek Civic Centre Coburg, unless otherwise arranged.
If you would like to join the Merri-bek Disability Reference Group, please refer to the Terms of Reference below and contact Council's Disability Planner - firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 9240 1111.