Merri-bek 4-Year Budget 2022-2026
The 4-Budget 2022-2026 was adopted by Council on Thursday 23 June 2022.
The budget has been influenced by community feedback and ideas from our community engagement earlier in 2022.
This year's total budget is $204.6 million and includes the delivery of important services such as support for the elderly, immunisation, early years learning, and libraries and leisure centres.
In 2022-23 we continue a focus on core services and infrastructure, while improving services and making innovations where possible. Some highlights include:
- A capital works program of $57.7 million, to improve community infrastructure and stimulate jobs;
- Commencing construction of the $27.8 million Fawkner Leisure Centre redevelopment;
- Commencing construction of the $22.6 million Saxon Street Community Hub;
- Completing construction of the $11.3 million Fleming Park redevelopment
- Upgrading several kindergartens over the next 5 years totalling $14.6 million;
- $12.3 million for roads, carparks renewal and maintenance;
- $5.8 million for new footpaths and bicycle paths;
- $12.5 million for improvements to parks, open space and streetscapes;
- $3.5 million for various A Park Close to Home projects including Service Street, Coburg and Cardinal Road, Glenroy and Frith Street, Brunswick; and
- Funding $0.5 million of community budget ideas.
- 4-Year Budget 2022-2026 (PDF 7Mb)
- Fees and Charges 2022-2023 (PDF 538kB)
- Revenue and Rating Plan 2021-2025 (PDF 3Mb)
Hardcopies of the budget will also be available for viewing at a Customer Service Centre from the 5th of July 2022.
Previous budget documents