Small rounded spreading tree with non-invasive roots. Cream flowers appear during autumn followed by bright orange, bird attracting fruit in spring.
|Tree locations and purpose|
|Front or back garden||Yes|
|Canopy for shading||Yes|
|Planter box with irrigation||Yes|
|Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD)||Yes|
This tree is on Council’s list of recommended species for planting in Merri-bek.
We recommend you choose the right tree for your space, but when you have more than one tree to choose from, select the tree with the highest star rating.
The Tree Finder tool is one way Council is working to increase tree canopy across Merri-bek.
- Star Rating for Tree Species methodology used
- Tree Planting Method technical notes
- Garden Bed Planting technical notes
- Landscaped Edges technical notes
- Medium Density Good Design project, which includes the Good Design Sheets for medium density housing development.
Images on this page are sourced from and copyright to the Australian Plant Image Index (APII), Australian National Botanic Gardens.