Do you have questions about the Voice?
Are you unsure about your vote?
Join us for a conversation led by First Nations speakers reflecting a diverse range of views.
This forum aims to showcase different perspectives within the First Nations community and offers a unique opportunity for non-indigenous people to gain a deeper understanding of the upcoming referendum vote and supporting Aboriginal self-determination.
Your participation will help shape important discussions about the future of First Nations people in our nation.
Key topics include:
- What the Uluru Statement from the Heart means
- How the Voice to Parliament could help Aboriginal people
- How the Voice is different from other advisory groups
- The forum will be hosted by Uncle Charles Pakana
- Gary Murray – Multi-clan descendant, Elder, activist and Member of the Victorian First People’s Assembly. Gary Murray is a resident of Fawkner
- Liz Phillips – Member of Merri-bek First Nations Advisory Committee and a proud Yankunytjatjara woman.
- Tarneen Onus-Williams - Yigar Gunditjmara, Bindal, Yorta Yorta person who has worked in Aboriginal community control most of their career. They are currently working on Passing the Message Stick - a research project designed to shift the public narrative in support of First Nations justice and self-determination.
Phone: 9240 2467