Join us at the newly upgraded Reynard Street Community Garden and Robinson Reserve to celebrate community building and local living.
You will be invited to co-design an Indigenous Plant Corridor, take part in kids workshops, learn about Native Bush Foods and enjoy great live music, delicious food and more.
Let's come together to connect to place and community guided by the First Nations People of this Country.
The time schedule is as follows:
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am Australian Bush Foods Workshop by Joanne Russell
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Connecting to Country - Mindful Guided Walk
- 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Imagining and Co-creating an Indigenous Plants Corridor - Community Gathering Space
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Kids Painting and Play Workshops by `Wanyara
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony by the Wurundjeri Elder
- 12:30 pm Mural Reveal by The Torch and Official Park Launch by the Merri-bek City Council and the Victorian Government
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Live Music Performance by Pirritu
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Live Music Performance by Canisha
- There will also be Community Garden Plant Sale from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Note: All workshops/activities are free to attend.
This event has been funded by the Victorian Government through the Living Local Fund from the Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions, the Multicultural Festivals and Events Program from the Department of Family, Fairness and Housing, Merri-bek Council and Reynard Street Neighbourhood House. We pride ourselves on creating a safe and incisive environment for all.
Set up a picnic rug and make a day of it with your loved ones. We hope to see you all there!
Please help us make this event low-waste by bringing your own refillable water bottles and reusable coffee cups.
Reynard Street Neighbourhood House
Bronwen McLoney, Administration Officer