This committee develops, promotes and assists Council to achieve the aims of the Merri-bek Integrated Transport Strategy.
- advises Council on priorities, processes and programs
- facilitates partnerships and developing opportunities among Council, the community and transport agencies, providers and operators
- identifies key strategic transport and land use opportunities
- provides a consultative forum and link to a wider network of community transport organisations
- promotes community support for the implementation of projects and programs, and
- generates discussion on and evaluating transport policies and initiatives as they impact upon the Merri-bek Integrated Transport Strategy and its implementation.
The Transport in Merri-bek forum provides input on the implemention of the Merri-bek Integrated Transport Strategy (MITS), Brunswick Integrated Transport Strategy, Bike Strategy, Pedestrian Strategy and Parking Management Policy and on the development of strategic transport policy.
- Allison McIntyre
- Andrea Bunting
- Carlo Carli
- Catherine Hall
- Faith Hunter
- Helen Kratzmann
- Liz Irvin
- Mark Christopher Burton
- Nicholas James (Nic) Maclellan
- Pauline Galvin
- Sarah Nesbitt
- Yoong Wai Chong
Members of the Community, representing the views of each of the 4 transport networks: walking, public transport, cycling and car/truck.
- Directors of City Infrastructure, or their representatives, a traffic engineer, the Transport Co-ordinator and a strategic land use planner.
- Representatives from interested parties including PTC or the Department of Infrastructure, Private Transport Operators, VicRoads, RACV, PTUA, Bicycle Victoria, and commercial vehicle operators.
This committee meets 3 times per year at 6.30 pm at Council Chamber, Merri-bek Civic Centre.