Council has convened the first ever Age-Friendly Reference Group to advise from the perspective of older people in Merri-bek.
Role and responsibilities
The role of the Age-friendly (Older People) Reference Group is to collaboratively advise council of current and emerging needs of older people in the community.
The Age-friendly (Older People) Reference Group is also responsible for:
- contributing to development, and implementation of relevant Council policies, strategies, and plans. For example, the Living and Ageing Well Framework
- assisting council to ensure the perspectives and lived experiences of older people are considered in Council services, programs and projects
- promoting knowledge, visibility, equality and inclusion of older people in the community
- assisting to identify opportunities for advocacy, projects and partnerships that reflect the needs of older people in the community
- informing, consulting and collaborating with relevant Advisory Committees on issues relating to older people
- participating in event planning, consultation processes, and other forms of engagement relating to relevant issues.
Communty members in this group will sit for the remaining term of the current Council.
- Boping He
- Cettina Astorina
- Dalal Sleiman
- Julie Burgess
- Kristine Spark
- Mila Milne
- Nicholas Nicholaou
- Pauline O'Brien
- Shiela Kumar
- Sylvie Leber
- Cr Helen Pavlidis
- Cr Lambros Tapinos
Council Officer Support
Council officer support is provided by:
- Living and Ageing Well Officer (Elly Gardner) – Primary contact for Members and Agenda preparation / Minute Taker
- Elly can be reached at email@example.com or 0429 611 331