Council has convened the first ever Age-Friendly Reference Group to advise from the perspective of older people in Merri-bek.
Role and responsibilities
The role of the Age-friendly Reference Group is to collaboratively advise the council on the current and emerging needs of older people in the community.
The Age-friendly Reference Group is also responsible for:
- contributing to the development, and implementation of relevant Council policies, strategies, and plans. For example, the Living and Ageing Well Framework
- assisting the council to ensure the perspectives and lived experiences of older people are considered in Council services, programs, and projects
- promoting knowledge, visibility, equality, and inclusion of older people in the community
- assisting to identify opportunities for advocacy, projects, and partnerships that reflect the needs of older people in the community
- informing, consulting, and collaborating with relevant Advisory Committees on issues relating to older people
- participating in event planning, consultation processes, and other forms of engagement relating to relevant issues.
Community members in this group will sit for the remaining term of the current Council.
- Kristine Spark
- Nicholas Nicholaou
- Shiela Kumar
- Sylvie Leber
- Mairi Rowan
- Cr Helen Pavlidis-Mihalakos
Cr Monica Harte
Council Officer Support
Council officer support is provided by: