We want all children to be able to take part in, and enjoy their learning during their time at early years settings in Merri-bek.
Preschool Field Officer Program
The Preschool Field Officer Program is an early intervention outreach service that is available for children attending a state-funded kindergarten. (a preschool is the same as a kindergarten). Preschool Field Officers support the access and participation of children with additional needs at kindergartens in Merri-bek.
A Preschool Field Officer:
- observes children and consults with teachers, educators and families to support an inclusive program through a referral process.
- consults with, and supports kindergarten staff on the planning, implementation and review of developmentally appropriate programs for all children
- assists kindergartens to link families into supports and services available for children with developmental concerns and broader child and family supports.
If you wish to organise a Preschool Field Officer for your child, you can fill in the Preschool Field Officer Referral form (PDF)
Once you have the completed form you can:
Inclusion Support Program
Inclusion Professionals (IPs) support the access and participation of children with additional needs at Long Day Care, Family Day Care and School Holiday Program in Merri-bek.
An Inclusion Professional supports:
- children from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, including refugee and Australian South Sea Islander children
- children with ongoing high support needs, including children with a disability, and
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
The Inclusion Support Program is delivered by the Victorian Inclusion Agency.